2018 is about to end! I do not know about you, but to me this year has passed very quickly!.
A few days ago I read that one of the best ways to say goodbye to a year is to take stock of the achievements and what has been left pending, so that they become new goals for the next 365 days.
Professionally, I am very satisfied with the following:
- I have set up this website and I have managed to read a lot here and there, following many blogs and great people who freely share their knowledge about web configuration, e-commerce, legality and data protection. Practically all my summer was dedicated to this part!
- I have completed several online courses: one of marketing and five of art (natural botanical illustration, by the University of Newcastle, watercolor, pattern design, portrait and Chinese ink, on the Domestika platform).
- I have been very productive: I completed my series of Empowering Women and Nature and I have started some new projects: Totems, Botanical, Portraits and Jungles.
- I have made three exhibitions.
- I have sold prints of my works!
- I have had very special commissions: designing a family tree, a family portrait in graphite, an invitation for a wedding and a cover for a wonderful book that I hope it will be published very soon.
- I have met new people and artists in social networks whose work I greatly admire.
- Almost 1000 people on Instagram and Facebook follow my work. I feel very grateful for all these people who are interested in my work and leave me wonderful comments that encourage me to move forward. THANKS FRIENDS!
- And finally, I have started calling myself Artist and Illustrator, without feeling strange about it. 🙂
For 2019, I set the following professional goals:
- Work hard, improving my skills more and more
- Receive more personal commissions!
- Grow socially, let more people know what I do
- Continue training in a self-taught way
- Make more exposiciones, arriving in Madrid capital and attend other exhibitions of fellow artists.
- And sell more prints and originals of my works!
And to you, what has 2018 brought to you? and what do you expect from 2019?